Hearing Protection & Ear Molds
Longmont Hearing and Tinnitus Center offers a wide variety of generic and custom hearing protection at very affordable prices from the most trusted ear mold manufacturer in the world, Westone Laboratories located in Colorado Springs.. Make an appointment today to get fitted with custom hearing protection that you can help to avoid damage to your hearing.
Noise is one of the most common causes of hearing loss, and one of the most common occupational illnesses in the United States. A single shot from a shotgun, experienced at close range, may permanently damage your hearing in an instant. Repeated exposures to loud machinery may, over an extended period of time, present serious risks to human hearing.
- 10 million Americans have already suffered irreversible hearing damage from noise;
- 30 million are exposed to dangerous noise levels each day.
- The effects of noise on hearing are often underestimated because the damage takes place so gradually.
How much is too much noise?
Click on image to view noise chart.
1. Swim Protectors. These are used to prevent water from entering the ear. Such instances for use would be when there is a perforation of the eardrum (either naturally acquired or through surgery). Surgically placed ventilation tubes to relieve middle ear fluid build-up is very often cause for swim protectors.
2. Musician Plugs. These plugs are specially made to reduce sound by a given amount of decibels (dB). Typically, the reduction is either 9, 15, or 25 dB. The sound is reduced by a given amount across the auditory spectrum. This means that the quality of the music is not altered by the plug… only that the sound is reduced in amplitude. An ordinary earplug will reduce high notes more effectively than low-pitched notes. This will give the listener more of a bass sound, with little of the sharper qualities of the music.
3. Noise Plugs. These are custom plugs, which fit the ear and block out as much sound as possible. Uses include construction, noisy concerts, streets and light rails, and noisy neighbors.
4. Hearing Aid Molds. Hearing aid molds do break down and have to be replaced depending on use and normal wear and tear. Longmont Hearing and Tinnitus Center offers a wide variety of ear molds and swim molds from the most trusted ear mold manufacturer in the world, Westone Laboratories located in Colorado Springs.
Originally designed for use while surface swimming or showering to prevent moisture from entering the ear canal, the AQ is also a superb sound attenuator. Available in a variety of colors and color combinations, with a Noise Reduction Rating of 27 dB.