TINNITUS (RINGING IN THE EARS)
Tinnitus is the perception of a sound that has no external source. Some of the more common sounds reported are ringing, humming, buzzing, and cricket-like. It can be constant or intermittent and is heard in one ear, both ears or in the head. Tinnitus can originate in the middle ear (behind the eardrum) or in the sensorineural auditory system.
THE MOST COMMON CAUSES ARE:
BELOW ARE TWO DIFFERENT TYPE OF TINNITUS TREATMENT PROGRAMS WE PROVIDE:
Serenade is a complete, FDA cleared sound therapy solution based on acoustic research conducted by leading university researchers. Simple to use and customized to each patient, Serenade’s digital signal processing system is based on the relationship between specific tonal algorithms and their effects.
The Serenade tinnitus treatment system consists of a handheld device, earphones, and proprietary, customized treatment sounds that research has suggested may address the underlying neurological cause of tinnitus. These key elements are combined with patient education and aftercare.
- Reduces symptoms quickly – Many patients enjoy some relief almost immediately
- Treats the cause – Addresses underlying neurological causes of tinnitus
- Provides significant long-term relief – Relief lasts, even long after the treatment ends
- Convenient and non-invasive – No medication or surgery required. It supports your body’s own natural mechanisms to block out tinnitus symptoms
- Clinically proven – Shown to be effective for 90% of suitable tinnitus cases as demonstrated by 15 years of clinical studies and in general clinical practice.
The Neuromonics Sanctuary works on the same principles as the Neuromonics Oasis, the gold standard for long-term reduction of tinnitus disturbance and awareness. Like the Oasis, Sanctuary is engineered to deliver relief while listening to calming, relaxing music.
- No formal post-fitting appointment schedule is required.
- Comes with a comprehensive tinnitus handbook and access to a designated patient website to guide you through treatment and to the best results.
- Alternate headphones and/or a separate portable speaker available.
- Choice of three pre-programmed music profiles that mimic the most common profiles found in mild tinnitus patients.
- The Neuromonics Sanctuary is brought to you by the world leader in tinnitus treatment. With more than 15 years of research, Neuromonics, Inc., consistently delivers relief to tinnitus sufferers worldwide.
Neuromonics Patient Hand-outs: